Friday, November 22, 2013

Vegans eating food

OK, time for another one of those stuff-we-eat posts, a glimpse into our tummies (OK, that would be gross, my photos look a little better than stomach contents usually...)

Are you ready for some photos?

Brown sugar carrots with rigatoni casserole
It's really hard to get a photo of baby carrots that don't look like fingers. I know baby carrots are all a conspiracy anyway, or something like that. I knew it when I was little, too:


Anyway, we adapted this recipe to make these and served them with rigatoni casserole. They were good, better than I remember them being when I was 3...

Apple pie!
This is from Vegan Pie in the Sky... yum! It was really good, but it lasted too long since we were the only ones to get to eat it...



'Chicken" noodle soup with veggies and turnip greens
A soup full of vegan chicken (we used Gardein for this), turnips and their greens, potatoes, and noodles. My first time cooking with turnip greens. It was good!

Vegan shrimp spring rolls
Hard to see the veggie shrimps in here, but they came with a big haul from May Wah that we ordered in preparation for Thanksgiving (we got some vegan smoked goose and other goodies.) They taste really good. We also tried them fried. I highly recommend ordering from May Wah if you can't find certain veggie meats in your area -- shipping is costly but it's worth it. Try the vegan mock duck...

Ah, that's all I have on my computer, but I do have more photos to share sometime soon!

Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment