Thursday, September 19, 2013

An eventful week makes for boring cooking

I'm a little self-conscious of posting 'boring' foods like spaghetti and soup on here, or posting too much about eating out... but we haven't made anything novel since those scalloped potatoes (yes, a sad life when scalloped potatoes are 'novel'.) What we have done is make some spaghetti, ramen-not-the-instant-kind, eat bibimbap at Rice Bar, and order veggie Chinese food from Peking Garden in Adams Morgan. I think last week we made a pretty great vegetable soup, too. So, I'll share what I've got photos of...

Vegetable/pasta soup, in our inherited chipped bowl--we only have one nice bowl, this is not it!
I'll start with the soup, since it's a better photo (and don't meals start with soup--or salad--anyway?) This has everything in it. I say 'everything' because I can't even remember all the stuff in it. Onions, carrots, swiss chard, tomatoes, maybe some corn? Kidney beans? Those spiraley macaroni noodles with a cool name? Is that all? I don't know, it was good. Soup season is coming up, folks.

A blurry photo of spaghetti and more swiss chard. Green of the week, I guess.
We were supposed to have some kind of jarred marinara sauce with this, but it met its doom somewhere on Florida Ave, so this was from a can, with vegan beef pieces and fresh tomatoes on top. The spaghetti is whole wheat. Dan likes whole wheat pasta, I like every kind of pasta, but I like spaghetti the least. Why can't we always have those spiraley macaroni things! Why can't someone make an awesome cashew-cheese tortellini in a convenient package! These are just a few of the many issues vegan all pasta lovers must face. That's why rice is my starch of choice these days. Rice and veganism were meant to be together.

Clearly, it's time for me to leave--happy VeganMoFo, and get excited for DC VegFest in just over a week!



No comments:

Post a Comment