Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dining out DC: Meridian Pint

A few weekends ago, we went to Meridian Pint for brunch with a friend. They have two or three vegan options for breakfast (more if you include the rest of the menu, which I think is available at brunch time.) I went here about a year ago with some coworkers and ordered the french toast, which was great then. Still great!

Vegan french toast
They flavor it with orange zest or something, so it's got a good flavor. Mine was pretty crispy, which is good, but I kind of like the "soggy" feeling mixed with a crispiness...this was all crisp. It came with fruit as well, which was nice!

Curried tofu scramble
"I think this is the best tofu scramble I've had" were Dan's words after trying his dish, the curried tofu scramble, which comes with potatoes and fruit. It -was- pretty good, I have to say. I also liked their potatoes a lot. I hope Dan gets this again next time we go, so that I can sneak bites of his & still have the french toast! We might try a curried tofu scramble at home, hopefully we can make it almost as good (and colorful, look at that) as this one.

Price-wise, it's a good deal, around $10-13 for each dish. It ends up being almost the same as Sticky Fingers for the amount of food, so we'll likely be coming back (though we'd never desert our favorite all-vegan bakery brunch.) If you go here any time other than brunch, they do have a veggie burger, which I've tried before (I wouldn't give it high marks, but it's homemade and they might have improved it--plus, I appreciate that they have it at all!) and they might have other sandwiches or dishes. There are so many amazing vegan options in the Columbia Heights area that I'd say spend your dinner time somewhere else if you don't come to the area often, unless you're with burger fanatics or want to try their beer /happy hour (worth it). But, definitely give brunch a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment